City hall!

 

Quick post...more to come on this...but I wanted to share a few exciting things:

We just finished a visit to Oviedo´s City Hall, where the new mayor received us warmly and the students were able to peek behind the local government curtain a little bit. It was awesome!

The city´s official website already uploaded this short report (in Spanish) about our visit: https://www.oviedo.es/-/recepcion-a-estudiantes-de-indiana

Also, if you are on Facebook you can also see a short video they uploaded of our group singing the himno de Asturias with the mayor himself...it was such a beautiful moment! On Facebook, search for the following: "Ayuntamiento de Oviedo" and scroll down until you see a 27 second video of us. I think their office took a bunch of other photos as well, so maybe keep an eye out on their page in case they upload more. I also have a number of photos that I´ll try to put up in a few days.

The mayor´s office also gave a gift to each student, a CD of the local philharmonic orchestra...it was such a nice detail!

Finally, I was able to get a reporter from a local newspaper to come and interview a few students about our time here - the reporter was fantastic and the students did SO WELL!! I´m nearly certain that they are going to publish a report about us tomorrow. If I can find an online version of it, I´ll post here.

So many exciting things!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last day in España

Santiago de Compostela